“The United States is a steadfast supporter of Nigerian democracy. We commend all those Nigerians who participated peacefully in the February and March 2019 elections”
In Nigeria, These individuals have operated with impunity at the expense of the Nigerian people and undermined democratic principles and human rights.
The Department of State emphasizes that the actions announced today are specific to certain individuals and not directed at the Nigerian people or the newly elected government. This decision reflects the Department of State’s commitment to working with the Nigerian government to realize its expressed commitment to end corruption and strengthen democracy, accountability, and respect for human rights.
It’s now official that the following people’s are banned from entering US:
1. Nasir Ahmad Elrufai
2. Gov. Ganduje and his family
3. Rotimi Amaechi & his family
4. Dakuku Peterside
5 Murtala Sule Garo
6. Yusuf Gawuna Ganduje’s Deputy
6. Gov Yahaya Bello & Family
7. Rauf Aregbesola
8 Gov. Oyetola of Osun.
9. Prof. Riskuwa Arabu (Kano state REC
10. Prof Joseph Fuwape (Retuning officer for Osun gubernatorial election)