In a well attended meeting of the Rivers State Peoples Democratic Party Executive Committee held on Tuesday 9th day of September 2014 at the State Party Secretariat, the following resolutions were taken:
1. That the Party condemns the nocturnal fraternization of a certain Board of Trustee member from Rivers State with the State APC leader ( Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi) to undermine the Party under the guise of meeting of Stakeholders of Rivers Sate. The Party hereby cautions the said BOT member to desist forthwith from attending such meetings that are inimical to its interest.
2. The Party observes that the said BOT member contrary to the Party constitution summoned meetings purporting to screen Governorship aspirants and hereby fanning the embers of disunity within its fold. We therefore caution all members of the Party to desist forthwith from attending any meeting summoned by the said Board of Trustee member, and/or any screening for elective positions conducted by any person or group of persons except as is properly constituted by the Party.
3. That for the purpose of the 2015 elections, the Party is poised to reclaim all its lost offices in the State. Consequently, the Party shall ensure internal democracy and provide a level playing field for every member seeking to contest any elective position.
4. That the State chapter of the Party has not and shall not zone the Governorship ticket of the Party to any Ethnic Nationality, Senatorial District or Local Government Area. Consequently, all constitutionally qualified members of the Party are free to vie for the Party’s ticket to allow for the best candidate to emerge.
5. That the State chapter of the Party has wholly endorsed the candidature of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR for a Second Term in office come 2015. Similarly, we are poised to deliver the entire Rivers State delegates to him during the Party primaries and galvanize all electorates in the State to ensure a landslide victory for Mr. President.
6. That the principle of Party supremacy and discipline shall be upheld, maintained and enforced by the relevant organs of the Party.
Dated this 9th day of September, 2014.