A meeting of the State Caucus of the Peoples Democratic Party was held today, January 20, 2018, in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
The meeting had in attendance His Excellency, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr.Udom Emmanuel, His Excellency, the Deputy Governor, Mr. Moses Ekpo, the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Onofiok Luke, the Senate Minority Leader, His Excellency, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON, members of the National Assembly, the National Legal Adviser, members of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, the State Chairman of the Party, Obong Paul Ekpo, who chaired the meeting, the leadership of the Party in the State and other constitutionally recognized members of the State Caucus.
After exhaustive deliberations on various important issues, especially as touching and concerning the assessment of the present state of the Party, and the plans ahead, the meeting resolved as follows:
(1) That a Vote of Confidence be passed on His Excellency, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, for very spectacular performances across all sectors of the polity, economy, and socio-cultural, at very trying times of one of the worst recessions in modern history of Nigeria.
(2) The Caucus assured the Governor of full support for a Second Term in office to complete and accomplish full implementation of his on-going projects and programmes.
(3) The Caucus also congratulated our representatives in both the national and state assemblies under the leadership of the Senate Minority Leader, His Excellency, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON, and Rt. Hon. Onofiok Luke, respectively for their effective and robust legislative contributions.
(4) The Caucus enjoined all leaders/members of the Party at all levels to see and embrace the need to keep the Party much more united to enable the Party go in and out of the forth-coming elections successfully.
(5) The Caucus cautioned all members of the Party at all levels to refrain forthwith from issuing any statement on any issue and matter whatsoever, without the approval of the Leadership or appropriate arm of the Party.
(6) The Caucus reaffirmed the Party’s belief and need to strictly enforce the zoning/rotation principle of the Party on all elective positions and direct all the organs and leadership of the Party to implement it fully in all constituencies.
(7) The Caucus also congratulated the newly inaugurated National Working Committee (NWC) of our great Party, PDP, led by Prince Uche Secondus, the National Chairman, and our dear son, Barr, Emmanuel Enoidem, the National Legal Adviser, and wishes them God’s guidance, wisdom and grace as they steer the ship of affairs of the Party.
Dated today, Saturday, January 20, 2018